VDV II Voice, Data Video Testers
The new VDV II Series are easy to use cable verification testers that check the integrity of copper cables commonly found in domestic, commercial or industrial voice, data or video installations, including telephone wiring, data network and video/security cabling.
- Accurate - Advanced TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) measures cable length and provides distance to fault information in the VDV Pro
- Fast - Identifies wiring errors instantly and displays the results all on one screen
- Intelligent -
Quickly determines which phone service is running over cables, such as ISDN or PBX. Identifies voltage, pin and polarity for PoE (Power Over Ethernet) applications.
- Three completely new tester models: VDV II Pro, VDV II Plus and VDV II for applications that require a range of verification testing from accurate and advanced wiremapping to verifying PoE presence, Ethernet Detection, and Phone service detection.
- Three new accessory packs for use with all of the new VDV II Testers. RJ-45 Remotes for wiremapping and identifying 12 individual cables. Coax F remotes for wiremapping and identifying 12 individual coaxial cables. RJ-45 identifiers for identifying locations of up to 24 RJ-45 outlets or panel ports.
Offers all standard copper testing including:
- Coax, 6Pin (RJ-11/12), 8Pin (RJ-45) Input Connectors for Copper Cable Testing
- Wiremap for Miswires, Split Pairs, Shorts and Opens. Identifies crossover/uplink cables.
- Analog Tone Generator – 4 selectable tones. Tone by pin, by pair, or by all conductors.
- Voltage Protection. Unit alerts user to errant/unidentified voltage and prevents damage to tester.
- Tests Cat 3, Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Cat 7 and STP (shielded) cables.
- Single Screen Results. All cable tests performed at once with immediate results.
- 2.7” clear, easy to read display.
VDV II Plus
All the features of the VDV II including:
- Larger 2.9" Display
- Backlight with user selectable timeouts
- Hub Blink to identify port connectivity
- Overall, and by pair, cable length measurement including distance to opens to aid in troubleshooting
- Carrying Case, Adapters & Cables
VDV II Pro
All the features of the VDV II, VDV II Plus and...
- TDR measurement to identify distance to opens and shorts for accurate and advanced troubleshooting.
- PoE Detection with Voltage, Pin, and Polarity Information
- Phone Service Detection: PBX / ISDN
- Ethernet Detection with Network Rate & Duplex Information. Identifies 10/100/1000Mb and Hd/Fd on connected ports/devices.
Both the VDV II Plus and the VDV II Pro include a carrying case that can hold all optional VDV II accessories plus an optional Tone Probe (62-164). Included in the carrying case are:
- 2 RJ-45 to alligator clip cable assemblies
- 2 RJ-45 patch cables
- 2 RJ-11 patch cables
- 1 Coax F patch cable
- 1 F-81 barrel splice
- 1 BNC female to F male adapter
- 1 BNC female to F female adapter
- 1 RCA female to F male adapter
- 1 RCA female to F female adapter